Thursday, December 30, 2010

Free Character and Word Counting Tool

When working on marketing projects and websites, I occasionally need to know the exact number of characters or words used. 

For example, a marketing piece may need to be 'up to 250 words' or a website's title tag should be 78-80 characters.  I couldn't find a good resource that did exactly what I wanted, so the iRapture.com development team built wordcount.us, a free character and word counting tool, to satisfy this need.

Check it out and try it. It is a free tool, so I hope you will use it and enjoy it.

Do you have a homepage where you keep all of your 'handy links that you visit regularly'?  I do and I set it as my homepage so I can have it handy everytime I use a web browser.  If you would like help making a personalized page like this, perhaps even at a custom domain, just let me know and I could help you set this up.   Then you could link to wordcount.us and other handy websites from that personalized page of links that you like and use..

Sincerely,

Jacob Barr, Website Designer at iRapture.com

No comments: